About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Opatch command to update only inventory and not Filesystem

A number of times Oracle inventory gets corrupted. It shows blank inventory even if you are certain that patch was applied.

In my case:
Environment was patched to 11.1.2.3.500
A few months later when I checked the inventory it was blank.
So in cases like these where I am sure which patch is applied. I can do the following to update only the inventory and not the File system


opatch apply  -no_sysmod <patchnumber>


Specifies that OPatch need not update the files in the system, only the inventory. It also does not execute the pre and post scripts.





Share:

0 comments: