About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Unable to obtain lock for registry database

Issue: 

Unable to obtain registry lock when configuring using EPM Configurator

Cause:

Generally, once the configurator is closed lock is released but sometimes due to various reasons the entries in the table are not deleted. This usually happens when running configurator using silent configuration.

Solution:

Go to Hyperion Shared Service Database or Schema and delete values from EPM_REGISTRY_LOCK table.



To list the lock:

select * from EPM_REGISTRY_LOCK;

To delete:
delete from  EPM_REGISTRY_LOCK;


Good to continue configuration now. 


Share:

1 comments:

Sharath K said...

Hi Anjum,

Thanks a lot for the solution. It worked for me and you saved my time a lot.

Thanks again

Sharath K