About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

HPCM Stage Balancing does not connect with SmartView

Issue: Unable to launch Smart View from HPCM Stage Balance page.  When you click on stage balance , it should launch a excel .

Reason: After a lot of research , SR with Oracle we were not able to reach anywhere. When I started comparing my internal server with the client server , I realised my internal server works perfectly fine.  Suspecting it to be a port issue I spent hours finding it. After multiple comparison here is my observation

Solution: HPCM 11.1.2.4 Stage balance tables work fine when accessing through IE 10.
This functionality does not support IE 11 and Firefox.
 I tried the same on my internal server and came to conclusion that it works on IE 10 currently.
We have raised a bug with Oracle . I hope we get a solution quickly.


Update 10/March/2016
I forgot to add that a few days later we tried to dig in more and found out that it was working IE 11 and the issue was with the proxy and not with the browser.
I remember a Hindi saying in situations like this "Khoda pahad nikla chuha". (Dug a mountain to find a tiny rat). 
I think situations like this are also important they remind us however big the problem is , solution is always simple.






Share:

0 comments: