About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

EPMINS-01098: User has to be a member of Administrators group




Once you hit this error . 
Remember ! Right click and start command prompt as "Run as Administrator
and the launch the installTool.cmd 
 

This small method does fix the issue. 
 
Ensure you do the same when launching the configurator. 
 
 

Other related issues are when you navigate to configuring EPMA even though
 the default website exists it does not recognize. 

Error encountered:
Failed to navigate from ProductTaskSeIectionState: IIS 
"Default Web Ste" does not exist and configuration of 
IIS products will fail! Please create "Default Web Ste" 
or unselect configuration tasks for IIS products See 
logs for more details 



Share:

2 comments:

rVidGeek said...

It work's.
Simple and elegant.
Thanks

ala said...

Hi ,

I am getting the same error "Default web site doesn't exist" even though I ran epm configurator as admin. I clicked on "Run as Administrator" and also the default website exist. can you plaese help me on this ?