About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

INST-08010: Error in validing the port range for auto port allocation

OBIEE 11.1.1.7 Port conflict


Error message : INST-08010: Error in validing the port range for auto port allocation. At Least 2 ports should be free within the range 7500-7500 for the Adminserver and Adminserver SSL

Reason: Host file does not have entry for localhost 

Solution:

1. Go to windows Run > drivers
2. Open etc/hosts file
3. Add entry
       127.0.0.1 localhost
       127.0.0.1 hostname

**If it is not letting you save. Open notepad as "Run as administrator" , open host file > edit and save it. 
4. Save and exit

Start the installer again. It successfully installs this time around.



Share:

1 comments:

Anu said...

Excellent post which helped me get rid of a problem i was working for more than 6 hours..