About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Error: OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Description: This error usually occurs after you have fixed this error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" . Commonly occurs in Solaris environment. 


Reason:  The permanent generation space is less hence we need to add more space. 

Solution:

Do this for any managed server that is throwing below error like Planning,Calculation manager etc

1. If it is Unix environment , go to instance home ex : /app/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem1/bin/deploymentScripts folder

2.  Here you will find a lot of scripts for Foundation,Planning,EAS etc.
3. Back the file up  and change the values to a higher value and restart the services
 -Xms1024m -xmx4096m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512





Refer to this guide to https://blogs.oracle.com/pa/resource/Oracle_EPM_11_1_2_3_Tuning_Guide_v2.pdf
 
Share:

0 comments: