About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Recovery Week! HFM Application recovery

This week was full of recovery of crashed , destroyed HFM applications.
Situation
This was Go Live week and history has proved before all important days in the calendar a catastrophy should happen and we are no exception.

How we recovered our HFM applications and then did multiple test cases and here are the results.

Case 1: We restored the entire cold backup on our database side and restarted the services . This worked fine. We were able to recover the applications but sadly this worked only during test case and no during the actual replacement.


Case 2:
Our main application crashed and luckily someone had made a duplicate copy of the application. We duplicated the crashed application, then deleted it. Then from the backup copy we duplicated it and renamed it to the actual application.


Case 3:
Our main application crashed. This happened with a different client . They were not able to open the application after migration. So I had a backup of HYP_HFM schema (the schema in which Hyperion HFM is configured) restored it and then restored the metadata from the .ads file backup I had.


Case 4:

We did not test this case but you can restore the application using the LCM backups you have.







Share:

0 comments: