About Me

Anjum Ara I am a technology enthusiast, an ardent reader. My latest interest is virtualization. In my free time, I love understanding child nutrition, child holistic development. I bake, read, paint, and do whatever it takes to improve myself every day.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

FDMEE Configuration Fails to create service in services panel



I have experienced this in more than 3 environments at different clients. I thought the first time it was just this server but repeatedly facing it made me realize its something from the OS that is missing.

I noticed there was ATL100.DLL missing. Copied it from the other servers as the Internet on client servers are generally blocked. This DLL is basically for Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86. In case you find it missing just install the Visual C++ and you are good to go.

In case, you do NOT have the Internet then go-ahead and copy from the server that has it. 
C:\Windows\System32\ATL100.dll and C:\Windows\Systemwow64\ATL100.dll
and redeploy FDMEE.



Share:

0 comments: